How to use OAuthPublic tutorial posted on Sat, 06 Dec 2008 by iapain
What is OAuth?
OAuth is an open protocol to allow secure access to API.
Eviscape API Uses OAuth for authorization.
- Register your application with Eviscape API http://www.eviscape.com/app/
- Get API KEY and API SECRET. Yo've to use both while making secure call.
- Obtain request token http://www.eviscape.com/oauth/request_token and send below params: oauth_version=1.0&oauth;_nonce=ee17d9279f53aff0e0ff804b034e9830&oauth;_timestamp=1228579640&oauth;_consumer_key=abcdef&oauth;_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth;_signature=lFKuuusrwooii2OgTB%2BuiKwZQMc%3. Response of this call should be like: oauth_token=some_token&oauth;_token_secret=some_secret
- Use token and secret from above response and make an authorization call http://www.eviscape.com/oauth/authorize for write access(?perms=write) you can also make a request for read access only with your oauth token and secret which you obtained in step 3.
- Finally If User approves, then You can exchange your oauth_token with access_token which you'll be using in making authenticated API calls.
Further reading suggestions